Welcome to the E-Debate, where Minnesota candidates for Governor boldly debate four major themes and share their snappy answers to 10 questions provided by citizens. Be sure to rate their responses and have your say
Like a blog, the new content is on the top - so read the theme “responses” at the bottom of each topic, then scroll back up for the “rebuttals.” Or live on the edge and read the rebuttals first. For more details on how the e-debate works, watch my opening statement video.
Opening statements and the four themes:
- Opening Statements - 3 in video!
- Health Care - Your Vision and Goals
- Broadly Connected or Digitally Divided?
- Competitive Minnesotans Feel the Squeeze
- Rural and Small Town Minnesota - The Mini-Debate
We also have 10 short answer questions (SAQs):
- SAQ1 - New Idea - Using Broadband in Government
- SAQ2 - Transportation - MVST Constitutional Amendment
- SAQ3 - National Guard - Health Insurance
- SAQ4 - Environment - Lakes and Rivers and Enforcement
- SAQ5 - Open Meeting Law - Requiring Online Notice
- SAQ6 - Energy - Independence, Greenhouse Emissions
- SAQ7 - Local Net - Community Broadband Models, Laws
- SAQ8 - Smoking - Ban(s), Uniform Laws
- SAQ9 - Online Safety - Privacy, Child Protection
- SAQ10 - Wild Wild Rice - Genetic Engineering
To quickly read responses sorted by candidate (most recent submission on top), select from this list below:
- Tim Pawlenty - Republican
- Mike Hatch - Democratic-Farmer-Labor
- Peter Hutchinson - Independence
- Ken Pentel - Green
- Leslie Davis - American
- Walt Brown - Quit Raising Taxes
Finally, while the candidates have had their say including their closing statements, now you can have yours via Voter Voices through the election and beyond.
Let us know what you you think of the e-debate by dropping us a private comment.